Friday, December 17, 2010

Final Post

I actually had a lot of fun in this class this year, although I'd have to say that it isn't at all what I expected it to be.  Overall, the format of the class worked out much better than I had expected it to.  I enjoyed creating my blog, as well as adding to it every week.  While at first it seemed a little less organized than D2L, I think that it was easy to get used to, and was actually a more personal format than D2L usually is.

The content is probably what surprised me the most, though.  What I had known about vampires before this class was a lot less than I had originally thought.  Pretty much all I knew of vampires was what I had learned from TV shows and movies, mostly.  I had no idea that vampiric fiction had such a rich literary background, as well.  I mean, I knew about Dracula, of course, but vampiric literature goes so far beyond Dracula, and it so many different directions.

I think that, looking back on it, my favorite book to read was Bram Stoker's Dracula.  It seemed like the quintessential vampire book, and unlike the books we had read up to that point in the class, it actually had a pretty decent pace for most of the story. 

I expected to like Dracula, though.  A book that we read that I was actually surprised that I enjoyed was I Am Legend.  Maybe it was the fact that it was made into a movie so many times, but I was a little skeptical about it.  On the other hand, a book that I was really expecting to enjoy and kind of didn't was Let the Right One In.  While it was a unique twist on the genre, which I was looking forward to, it was a bit too weird for me to really connect to.

Overall, I really enjoyed this class and I'd be pretty surprised if everyone here didn't agree.  It was laid back, but also really informative.  I was never confused about what to do, and always felt like help was readily available if I needed it.  I really enjoyed reading all of the classes posts throughout the year, and I hoped you've enjoyed reading mine as well!  Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment